So apparently I am too busy to run plural blogs. I try; but I fail. Anywhoo lest this be abandoned I must keep it alive with some sort of design. Here are some of the first garments I ever created:

The jacket was my very first project. I saw a similar one on the internet with a ludicrous pricetag, printed off a picture of it, marched over to my mum and she showed me how to sew properly - I made a pattern and two toiles for this; it's ever so simple and straight but fits so wonderfully.
The dress was for my 14th birthday, I was throwing a cocktail party, inspired by looking through 70s fashion encyclopaedias. Then came the layered skirt and the disco shorts. It was a time when they were on the runways but not in the shops so I got creative.
Looking back, I wish it were as easy now as it was then to just have an idea and spend a couple of days completing it- these days I have to plan and plan and then buy fabric and then I run out of time and never get to complete it.. I can't wait for a time when I can just design and sew all day instead of wasting time learning chemistry and maths. sigh.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

These are really cool! I definitely want to learn how to sew like you so I could make myself some clothes as well :)

Post a Comment